Wednesday, May 22, 2013
To support osteopathic medical education, to enhance the public’s understanding of osteopathic medicine, and to improve the health of the community through projects consistent with the osteopathic philosophy.
The Osteopathic Founders Foundation (OFF) was established January 12, 1943 as the Osteopathic Hospital Founders Association when 10 visionary osteopathic physicians came together to buy a hospital building at Ninth and Jackson in downtown Tulsa.
After successfully completing the purchase in September 1943, a major campaign was begun to renovate and equip the building. On December 17, 1944, the Founders Association proudly opened the new Oklahoma Osteopathic Hospital and successfully operated the facility until our sale of the then Tulsa Regional Medical Center in 1996.
Subsequently, the name of the Founders Association was changed to the Osteopathic Founders Foundation to more accurately reflect our new mission while continuing to honor the heritage of our Founders.
Notable Stories, Calendar, CME Programs, AHA Classes
View our Calendar!
Proper Prescribing CME Program
Identification and Management of Medication Abuse and Misuse in Oklahoma
Presented in Tulsa, Tahlequah, Enid and Norman
June 21-22, 2013 - Tulsa
Presented by Oklahoma State University Medical Center Internal Medicine Department
This program has been approved by the AOA Council on Continuing Medical Education for 9.5 hours of Category 1-A CME credit. It has also been approved by the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine for 9.5 hours of Internal Medicine Specialty credit.
Registration Fee: $200.00
BLS-HCP, ACLS and PALS
The Osteopathic Founders Foundation is an authorized provider of American Heart Association (AHA) programs, affiliated with the Education Center at Hillcrest. Participants train at intensive skills stations during sessions, utilizing the latest AHA guidelines, training materials, interactive DVDs, and equipment.